Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Week 2: Overview of Social Media

Instagram and Snapchat have become the most personal social media over the years, as both Facebook and Twitter have transformed into large companies competing to see who can outdo the others. Both Instagram and Snapchat are widely used by teens and young adults wanting to share themselves partying or eating avocado toast, while Twitter has been reduced to this while I wasn't looking.

Twitter is the best platform to advertise on in the age of social media, for reasons such as this and this, the PR department can have some fun and get a boatload of attention through retweets and reposting the thread on other social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram. Not only that, but giving what seemed like a corporate machine a bit of life made some people a reason to buy their products.

Twitter, while a corporate tool, can also be used by the individual and garner a great deal of attention from someone with very little following and we end up with 140 characters of words that make us chuckle sometimes. Weird Twitter is full of, well, weird tweets where no one exactly knows what they mean, but everyone still has a good time.

Twitter is in my opinion the best social media platform. Thanks for reading, have a good night.

7 comments:

  1. Hi, thanks for sharing your post with us. I've heard twitter gets the news , gossip, and funniest memes before it hits other social media platforms. I do not have a twitter myself. I have an idea from seeing posts and other information on it. I asked my fiance if twitter is used for business purposes and if it will help my business. She said it probably won't be the best social media to use.Depends on what you are trying to advertise their in the social media world twitter might be helpful.Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really enjoyed your use of links to help make your point. Your examples really highlighted the ability of Social Media to bring attention to just about anything a person or entity considers important. I agree that Twitter finds itself in a unique position to be both a personal and corporate tool simultaneously. It also demonstrates that in this age of Social Media, if you want to use it for business, you need to find the right people for the job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! Great Post. I agree, Twitter is an extremely effective, cheap and smart way of advertising one's business. Twitter allows you to reach a target audience in a measurable way, as well as boost traffic to your website. Twitter also helps business receive instant feedback about their product or service.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi I liked your post it’s going to make me try to use Twitter more often thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the great post Mikey! I really appreciated your use of links, and I will be doing the same for my future posts. I also appreciated the mix of your more intellectually geared writing combined with the more lighthearted links, it makes your post a fun read without detracting from the quality of your content. I have to say I don't completely agree with the idea that Twitter is the best way to advertise, but to the right audience, I'm sure it could be quite useful. Thanks for posting, and I look forward to reading more of your content.

    ReplyDelete