Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Week 1: Class Preparation

Out of all the given themes for the blog, simplistic is the best by far. In most cases simple is better, unless it's like a password or something.  

Simple designs are superior in almost every scenario. No one likes cluttered, hard to read pages with too much text where you look at it and don't know where to start. 

Less is more when it comes to design, and when it comes to your bills. I had a bit here where I promote something with a discount code but I don't have one. 

A somewhat extreme example of simple vs cluttered page designs is say somewhat with really bad eyesight is trying to read all the text crammed onto the page. They probably can't because they have really bad eyesight. But if all the text is right where you can see it then they can read your blog post about the effects of classical music on the growth of bean stalks. 

This concludes the week 1 blog post. Have a good night.


4 comments:

  1. Hi Mikey,
    I liked your template, I agree with you that less is more. If it’s too overdone it will make you not even want to read it. Clean is the way to go.
    -Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mikey,
    Your profile pic made me smile! Is that your dog? I also agree that simple and clean are the way to go and I am much more likely to stick with a blog that is easy on the eyes and organized versus one that is cluttered and hard to read. I like the template you chose. The background and color scheme make me think of winter and snow and skiing, which I love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Michael!

    I notice the theme amongst all pages thus far relating back to everyone's own interpretation of "simplistic". Very cool to see all the ways people see this. People's brains cannot interpret too much clutter well when it comes to marketing so you are definitely on to something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog. I understand your point of view!

    ReplyDelete